The global packaging industry is expected to grow with a CAGR of 8.9% from 2021 to 2028. Think about every time you buy a luxurious or expensive product, for example a high quality laptop, its packaging is done in a sleek matte black box which when you touch the box only, you feel the quality, the importance and feel that the high cost was worth it. Now imagine, if your 70,000 laptop comes in a plastic sleeve, you won’t feel that excitement and enthusiasm, it is the power of packaging that business people know so well. It is the part of their marketing strategy to package the product in a way that provides a high customer experience.
Therefore, the packaging industry is arguably the most important and crucial for a variety of businesses. One (mostly) ignorable little thing has its own assessment of the market, income, and demand. The aim of the industry is to distribute, transport the products in a protective manner without any damage. The packaging industry provides different types of packaging for different products, for example food and drink, medical products, agriculture, consumer goods, clothing, e-commerce packaging, plastics, packaging of household products, cardboard, glass, etc. The packaging market has its own ups and downs with economic downturns. Rising consumer spending, developing retail infrastructure and growing population can be different reasons for the growth of packaging market.
There are different types of packaging materials available depending on the products to be packaged. We will check some of them one by one.
Sample report https://prodataintelligence.com/sample/15881
- Food packaging: The global food packaging industry is expected to grow with a CAGR of 9.6% from 2021 to 2028. Food packaging is a very crucial sector as food has to be packaged in such a way as to qualify hygienic conditions, and foods should detail their shelf life. Good packaging is also necessary to avoid waste and an environmental threat. Not all packaging materials are suitable for food packaging eg materials such as polyethylene, polystyrene foam are not hygienic and create toxins if they react with food. The use of glues, adhesives or colored labels also produces toxicity in food, therefore, the certification authority decides which packaging material should be used for food. Most of the time, materials such as metals, glass, polymers, aluminum foil, etc. separately or together (combined) are used in food packaging. Researchers from the authorities who decide on the food packaging material check the chemical composition and physical properties of the materials, as well as the properties considered are optics, transport, chemical reactivity and mechanical properties.
- FMCG packaging: The global FMCG packaging industry is expected to grow with a CAGR of 7.3% from 2021 to 2028. The rapidly changing consumer goods which involve, milk, dairy products, bakery products, toilet paper, beer, soda, etc., these products which are easily perishable and have a short shelf life. These products must also be securely packaged to ensure product safety. FMCG products have a low profit margin, but due to the high expenditure of consumers for their daily needs, the demand is high. These products require high transport and logistics, which affects and reduces the nutritional value. Therefore, sustainable packaging is a key and is used heavily in FMCG products. Glass, metal, paper, biodegradable polymers, plastics, paper laminates, etc. are used in FMCG packaging. For example, paper is made from cellulose, or cotton, straw, hemp, etc., which are widely used to package milk cartons, sacks and bags, etc. Other sustainable packaging includes biodegradable polymers, which are sourced from the marine food processing industry. waste, animal sources, etc., and degrade in the soil breaking into quality compost, carbon dioxide and water, ensuring product safety.
- Pharmaceutical packaging: The global pharmaceutical packaging industry is expected to grow with a CAGR of 10.7% from 2021 to 2028. The medical still plays a very important role in life and in the current scenario, the medical and pharmaceutical industry is all at it. what our hopes are attached. In medicine, manufacturing and packaging play a crucial role. The packaging of medicines is important to protect them from germs, the outside temperature, damage or bacteria. In addition, drugs are also affected if they are not stored at the right temperature. Therefore, such packaging at the right temperature is essential. In the medical setting, packaging depends on drug to drug and there is a primary, secondary and tertiary packaging system that separately includes packaging syringes, IVs, drugs, etc. There are many kinds of packaging such as containers, foil, cartons, cartons. , PVC-based combinations, Injectables, Lamitubes, etc.
- Agricultural packaging: The global agricultural packaging industry is expected to grow with a CAGR of 7.8% from 2021 to 2028. Proper packaging in agriculture is also important to prevent food from going broke before it reaches the retail market. . Agricultural packaging material includes silo bags, bulk bags, shells, containers, etc. made of jute, plastic, glass, cardboard, etc. Effective packaging is necessary to prevent vegetables or other foods from rotting. Jute containers and bags are durable, affordable and reliable and help products reach their destination in the best possible condition with minimal or negligible losses. These flexible bulk containers, hardboard, hull packaging, can be used to store and transport thousands of pounds of dry cargo. Fiberboard is required for repackaging when goods are to be distributed to consumers. Its versatile stacking resistance, low production cost and recyclable properties encourage packers to use such products.
- Beverage packaging: The global beverage packaging industry is expected to grow with a CAGR of 7.0% from 2021 to 2028. Beverages are another distinct product that requires different forms of packaging. Drinks, soft drinks, beer, diet drinks, etc., are mostly packaged in metal cans. Metals provide excellent physical protection, offer barrier properties, have decorative potential and formability, making them attractive to the consumer. To choose the beverage packaging material, characteristics such as packaging weight, transparency, shelf life, shape retention, temperature resistance, etc. are taken into account. You must have seen alcoholic beverages in glass bottles or cold drinks in metal cans, this is a thoughtful process while considering beverage safety. They can be decorated from the outside or labeled according to the brand name and the glass also symbolizes the aesthetic and chic nature and its “cold” appearance is preferred by customers. In addition, glass is a transparent and very excellent barrier material and its recyclability results in long-lasting packaging.
- E-commerce packaging: The global e-commerce packaging industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% from 2021 to 2028. As online sales and online shopping have increased dramatically for 4 to 5 years. E-commerce retailers need to take care that the package, when it reaches the customer, is not tampered with, even a little. Perfect packaging symbolizes the reputation of the brand and the confidence in the company. According to the survey, 58% of consumers admitted that if the product packaging is not up to par, they do not trust the purchase of the product from this store or on this website. In e-commerce, products reach customers from overseas or different states. Thus, the packaging is based on the idea that the packaging of the product must be strong enough to cope with the turbulence and friction that occurs. That is why, bubble plastic packaging, large cardboard boxes are used as they carefully cover the product and hence there is negligible risk of wear and tear.
- Consumer electronics: The global consumer electronics packaging industry is expected to grow with a CAGR of 11.3% from 2021 to 2028. Packaging in electronics has also evolved over the decades. State-of-the-art, innovative and exciting electronic packaging is produced nowadays, showcasing luxury product designs. To secure electronic packaging, companies use rigid and corrugated packaging materials that protect the product inside. In addition, some companies are moving towards sustainable packaging for electronics to make it more environmentally friendly and to give customers this company’s approach to the environment. Post-consumer paper waste, PEFC and FSC certified materials are used as environmentally friendly packaging materials. The right packaging helps provide increased security, reduce assembly time, and lighter weight also reduces shipping costs.
- Packaging of frozen food: The global frozen food packaging industry is expected to grow with a CAGR of 13.4% from 2021 to 2028. Frozen food is riskier to keep than dry food and proper packaging to keep food at the right temperature is essential to protect them rotten and wasted. Most of the time, frozen food is packed in cardboard, metal cans, cardboard, foil bags, flexible bags, thermoforming films, skin films, wax coated paper, etc. . Polyethylene shrink film is one of the most common frozen food packaging materials. able to withstand temperature below -40 degrees Celsius. These types of materials are FDA approved and do not cause harm to frozen foods such as pies, pizzas, cakes, etc. that is why they are used for dinners or prefabricated frozen foods.
Note: For any other requirement, please feel free to contact https://prodataintelligence.com/contactus