Refresco, a beverage bottler for brands such as Del Monte and Ocean Spray, announced that it has completed the acquisition of Hansa-Heemann, following regulatory approval from competition authorities.
Hansa-Heemann is a family business and an independent beverage manufacturer in Germany.
Refresco’s extended offer
In July last year, Refresco announced that it had reached an agreement with Hansa-Heemann to acquire its five production sites in Germany.
The closing of the acquisition means that Refresco now has nine bottling facilities across Germany.
Hans Roelofs, CEO of Refresco Group, said: “I am very pleased to add Hansa-Heemann to the Refresco Group, as it further diversifies and strengthens our business in Germany, which will benefit our customers. With this acquisition, we are significantly expanding our business in mineral water and soft drinks, and we will accelerate our operational excellence thanks to Hansa-Heemann’s know-how in the water category.
“In addition, we will be able to improve transportation efficiency and leverage our global scale to further drive change in improving the sustainable use of resources.”
The onboarding process should begin immediately, the company added.
Hansa-Heemann is an independent beverage manufacturer in Germany, specializing in the production and bottling of mineral water and soft drinks.
Its product portfolio includes a mix of own brands and registered brands.
A majority of its volume (60%) is in mineral water, the remaining 40% in soft drinks.
As a partner of major retailers in Germany, Hansa-Heemann manufactures and distributes brands of mineral water, such as Fūrst Bismarck, hella and St. Michaelis.
Hansa-Heemann operates five production sites across Germany and employs around 800 people.
© 2022 European supermarket magazine. Article by Conor Farrelly. For more information on packaging and design, click here. Click on subscribe register for ESM: European Supermarket Magazine.